Abscesses are generally a repercussion of an infection untreated. You might not realise the seriousness of it, and realise it only when the infection reaches the peak where you need external help to treat it. One of these aftermaths is a perianal abscess.
What is a perianal abscess and why does it happen?
Perirectal abscesses begin as infections in the anal glands, which empty the anal crypts. From the anal crypt, infection spreads laterally into the soft tissues of the ischiorectal fossa. The abscess commonly presents as a painful swelling visible in the external aspect of the buttock. Occasionally, infection will track above the levator sling, causing pain and a mass that is palpable on rectal examination. Drainage of a Perirectal abscess often results in a chronic anal fistula, a communication from the inside of the anorectum to the skin outside.
It occurs when a cavity in the anus becomes filled with pus. It causes extreme pain, fatigue, rectal discharge, and fever. In some cases, anal abscesses can result in painful Anal Fistulas. This occurs when the abscess doesn’t heal and breaks open on the surface of the skin. If an anal abscess doesn’t heal, it can cause a lot of pain and may require surgery.
How common is a perianal abscess?
Usually, abscesses that occur in the deeper tissues, are rare and less visible too. In case of the infection scaling up to be severe, the easiest alternative is to get a surgery done. However, this does not suffice the need, as it does not reduce the risk of a relapse.
However, there is another painless alternative to it – Homeopathy.
What’s causing these internal cysts?
Causes of a perianal abscess are something that feel or sound dirty to talk about. But the degree of pain and discomfort is something that can become unbearable after a certain point of time. So understanding the causes of a perianal abscess can:
1. Help you avoid the situation
2. Know what to do if diagnosed at an early stage
3. Choose the right or rather, better treatment option over a surgery
So here we go ahead with the causes of a perianal / rectal abscess.
- A blocked anal gland
- A sexually transmitted infection
- An infected anal fissure
- Inflammatory bowel diseases that causes the immune system attack healthy tissues
- Diabetes (high blood sugar levels in the body)
- A weak immune system due to autoimmune diseases such as HIV or AIDS
- Anal sex
- A recent chemotherapy
- Untreated constipation
Check if you are at risk – The symptoms
1. Constant pain that feels like there’s a knife scratching inside the anus is one of the most immediately noticeable symptoms of a perianal abscess.
2. The pain is accompanied internal anal swelling and area and throbbing pain during bowel movements.
Pain is common to all abscesses, but in case of perianal abscesses, there are other signs that make it more evident of the type. These signs are:
- Untreated and aggravated constipation.
- Rectal bleeding.
- Tenderness of the skin around the anus and internally also.
- Higher levels of fatigue.
- A lump of skin hanging outwards that’s looks inflamed, located at the rim of the anus.
- Fever as a result of the infection.
- Pain and burning sensation while urinating.
Homeopathy – A master remedy
While there are many options that can help you relieve the pain and discomfort, what’s more important to take into consideration is that whether the problem is being treated from the base level or not. Because you might have it come back again, which might take you another cycle of treatment to go with. This in all likelihood can keep going on and on, and that’s an even more unpleasant experience.
In order to avoid this repetitive cycle of treatments over treatments, why not look into the other options apart from conventional medicine and surgery. One of the best and proven results for perianal abscesses/rectal abscess have been noticed with homeopathy. Homeopathy uses natural minerals and extracts from the plant kingdom which make the treatment all the more strong and effective. Homeopathic treatment for perianal abscess has by far been one of the best options with many people reporting quick relief within a week. At Dr. Manoj’s Homeopathy, we have had many patients who have never come back with a relapse of the abscesses. So, don’t wait for the pain to strike you, strike it before it reaches you with just one click. Book an Appointment and we’re right here with great remedies.